IRD Carbon Pro Handlebar
The Carbon Pro bar line uses high strength high modulus carbon composite construction to provide cross-country racers/riders and trail riders a lightweight and ultra-reliable product. This bar is not designed for downhill racing or the more abusive aspects of freeriding.
Installation Instructions: For best results have your bar installed by a professional bike dealer.
WARNING: Improper use (such as excessive jumping, crashing, or abusive riding) or improper installation may damage this bar; any of which may cause bar breakage and loss of control resulting in serious injury or death. Periodically (and always after a crash) inspect the bar for deep nicks in the coating, scratches, cracks, or exposed carbon fiber. If there is visible damage, have it replaced or examined by a professional bicycle mechanic. If there is any doubt about its integrity, have it replaced or examined by a professional bicycle mechanic. Do not use internally expanding bar end devices with this bar.
1. As shipping may have damaged your bar, inspect for all of the above before installation. If you detect damage refer to the Interloc Warranty on the back of this sheet.
2. Inspect your stem clamps and brake lever clamps for any sharp edges, burrs, etc. If any are found, file them smooth. The entire inside of the clamps should be smooth, particularly at the edges, as they can cut into the bar over time thus weakening the bar. Do not use a stem where the clamp appears to put excessive force on the front and rear surfaces of the bars. Use a quality stem that clamps evenly around the bar.
3. Insert the bar through the fully loosened stem clamp making sure it is centered and rotated to a desired position. Be careful not to forcefully twist the bar in the clamp if the fit is tight as this will cause scratches. If tight, spread the clamp open just enough to allow the bar to slide freely. Do not use any lubricant. Be careful not to damage the stem clamp in the process. Once the bar is in the desired position, tighten stem clamp to stem manufacturer's torque recommendations, but never enough to scratch the bar.
4. Mount brake and shift levers and tighten them to manufacturer's recommendations, but never enough to dent or scratch the bar. Also do not install the levers on the tapered section of the bar (the middle eight inches of the bar) as this can cause them to cut into the bar over time, causing breakage of the bar.
5. Mount the grips. Ensure that they will not slip, causing a loss of control while riding.
6. If you intent to use bar ends they should be mounted last. The bar has alloy reinforcements at the ends to allow safe use with bar ends.Refer to your bar end manufacturer's instructions for installation. Tighten the bar ends to the manufacturer's recommended torque, but never enough to dent or scratch the bar.
WARNING: Do not use bar end devices (i.e. handlebar extensions) with clamps that expand inside the handlebar. Correct fit and tightness of the bar ends is critical as they put additional stress on the ends of the handlebars, which can result in slippage or breakage and a loss of control of the bike resulting in serious injury or death.
7. Check to see that none of the brake or shifter cables have come loose or lost adjustment during removal. Test ride the bike on level ground in a safe environment checking to make sure everything is sufficiently tight. If you have any problems with installing this product, please consult your professional bicycle mechanic where you purchased this product or contact Interloc at irdinfo(at)interlocracing.com
INTERLOC LIMITED WARRANTY:
Interloc, Inc. ("Interloc") warrants to the original retail purchaser ("you") in the United States or Canada that the Interloc product for which they received this warranty is free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of FIVE years from the date of original retail purchase. Interloc's sold obligation under this warranty is to repair or replace the product, at Interloc's option.
LIMITATIONS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES The duration of any implied warranty or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise, on this product shall be limited to the duration of the express warranty set forth above. In no event shall Interloc shall be liable for any loss, inconvenience or damage, whether direct, incidental, or consequential or otherwise, resulting from breach of any express of implied warranty or condition, or merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or otherwise with respect to this product, except as set forth herein. Some states do not allow the exclusions or limitation on how long an implied warranty last and some states do not allow the exclusions or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which may vary from state to state.
WARRANTY SERVICE OPTIONS To
obtain service under this warranty you must either: